Yummy schloclate balls
High in protein, omega 3, minerals, and taste delicious!
Throw into a food processor...
1 cup dates (pre soaked)
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/3 cup cacao (raw cocoa)
2 tbs rice malt syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbs tahini
Roll into the crumbly coating...
Equal parts to make up to 1/3 cup in total:
- chia seeds (either/& mix black or white)
- sesame seeds
- shredded or desiccated coconut
1. soak dates 10 mins in boiled water, drain then remove pips
2. throw all ingredients into food processor & wizz until a paste without lumps
3. in a separate bowl mix crumbly coating mix
4. roll mix from food processor into bite size balls
5. roll balls into the crumbly coating mix, cover all over
6. place on baking paper on tray or dish to fit in fridge
7. Allow to cool in fridge for 1 - 2 hours
8. Eat and enjoy!
** the mixture is quite wet when rolling, but it will be firm after chilling
Exchange any suggested nuts for any other nut or seed; pepita, peanut, cashew, brazil, pine nuts, macadamia, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds...
Experiment with added dried fruit to mix (choose sulfur free); goji, apricots, figs, sultanas...
** Ensure you enquire about nut allergies before giving to others.