Granola for everyday breakfast:
the dry stuff...
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1-2 cups flaked almonds
1/4 cup flaxseeds (also called linseeds)
1/4 cup plain buckinis (ask at local health food store)
2 teaspoons groung cinnamon
the wet stuff...
3/4 cup apple puree (peel 4 apples, chop, simmer until soft = done!)
1 teaspoon minced ginger (or grated fresh)
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C / 300 F
2. Mix all the dry stuff ingredients
3. Add all the wet stuff ingredients
4. Spread mixture onto baking trays (x2)
5. Stir & turn mix on trays at 10 minute intervals to get even browning
6. Total cooking time 40 mins
7. Allow to cool, fill up a cereal pouring jar
Top with your choice; sultanas, goji berries, dried currants, fresh berries, grated apple...
Add 3 tablespoons greek yoghurt, or kefir (ask at health store or deli about kefir)
And fill with your favorite milk; cows, goats, soy, almond, rice, oat, coconut...